Thursday, January 17, 2019

Rock Chick by Pamela Harlow (And a Deal)


In Rock Chick: Feminized by the Band, a rock band finds themselves short of a bass player, but he may have just walked into the music store that Chelsea works at to try and shoplift a bass. The only problem is, Chelsea’s band Foxfire is exclusively female.

Being an all girl band has some advantages and they don’t want to mess it up for a bass player, so they come up with a unique solution to their problem, whether he likes it or not. The story is right on the edge between forced feminization and voluntary feminization. It definitely has a bit of sweetness to it and it's a classic rock and roll story.
So what's the problem?

I don’t let bad reviews bother me because with 200 books, people can generally see that I’ve written a lot of books with good reviews and will make up their own mind.

This story got a one star yesterday (the first day of launch) and it’s really bothering me. It was basically a four word review from somebody who seems to review only sentimental voluntary feminization books and was not the target audience for this book. 

It’s like thanks for trashing a new writer—is the problem that we have too many people writing books in our genre? She’s taking it in stride. As a musician I think she’s used to reviews of all stripes, but I edited the thing for her. It’s well-written and whether you love it or it’s meh comes down to personal taste, but it’s no one-star book.

So here's my offer to you. Please read the book and see if you like it. I'm pretty sure you will. If you really like it, please give it a good review to balance out the one-star one. If you agree with the reviewer and give it only one star you can let me know through email or in the comments and I will send you a free book of your choice with a list price of $5.99 or under. If you don't like a $2.99 book, you can actually get a $5.99 book. I believe in Pamela as a writer and I selfishly want her to write a lot more stories because I'm a forced feminization reader as well as a writer. She's got the fetish down, she writes very well, and she is improving in putting it all together.

3 comments:

  1. Just grabbed a copy. I'll get it read and reviewed this afternoon, if I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another question btw =P.

    In the Welcome to College Omnibus, chapter 9 ends with "I picked up my phone and called Erin", that seems like a weird ending? Was something cut off?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's actually the ending. I wanted it open ended. Honestly, the story didn't really have much of an ending. I went home with my parents, didn't dress for about a month. Then I tried to do it on my own and found without the girls it wasn't exciting for me. There is a Welcome to College 10, which does have a bit more complete ending.

    ReplyDelete