Saturday, June 28, 2014

Feminine Brutality Bundle and Economics

I have not made any bones about the fact that my books are expensive.  I wish I could make them a bit cheaper.  However, I started writing erotica for financial reasons.  I'm glad I did and I truly enjoy doing it, but the fact is, I saw a hole in my budget and was looking for a way to fill it.  The way Amazon works, if I sell a book for $2.99 in the United States, I make about $2.07 on it.  Once I pay for my cover photo and a few other miscellaneous costs, I make between $3 and $12 an hour depending on how much the book sells.   If I were to sell a book for $1.99, which seems a more appropriate price for 6,000 to 8,000 words, I would make about 69 cents per book.   If a book sells 50 copies for me at $2.99 a copy, I'd have to sell 150 copies to make the same money.  Research has shown the $1.99 really don't sell much more than $2.99 books if anything.

So, I try to make it up to my readers by making bundles.  Buying the Welcome to College bundles saves you 45% off of cover price.   In the Feminine Brutality Bundle, I put together three books that all have a similar theme because I thought they'd be enjoyed by roughly the same audience.  These are books about touch chicks who a kick a bit of ass.  They don't need elaborate schemes to trap guys because they can use physical source.  If you grew up dreaming of Scarlett Johansson as the Black Widow or Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman, this one's for you.

Here are the stories:

The Good, the Bad, and the Sissy - This was the most fun story for me to write.  I loved the western setting and I think the story actually works pretty well as a western.  Zelia is a notiorious outlaw and Jarrett makes the mistake of accosting her sister, Lalia.  As a result, Zelia and Lalia make him the hottest saloon girl in the territory.

Blind Date - The first erotic story I ever wrote was based on a role play that I did with an amazing woman.  A wimp of a man is set up on a blind date with a Amazon of a woman.  What was their mutual friend thinking?  When his date kicks his ass, ties him up, and feminizes him, he figures it out.

Taking One for the Team - Two female soccer fans run into their most hated opponent underneath a stadium after he is ejected with a red card.  What the girls do to him is the worst payback in the history of sports.  I wonder what they would do to a certain soccer player for Uruguay with a history of biting people.  As a bonus I included The Sissy Bowl, which is a very short story about the most emasculating game of football ever played by two sissies against their wives.  This was based on a true story from my past that I just couldn't fit into Welcome to College

About 17,000 words for $2.99.  Even I think that's a bargain.
Kylie

No comments:

Post a Comment