Friday, April 21, 2017

The Complete Penalty Princess

http://amzn.to/2ovxnff

Penalty Princess was a book that I had wanted to write for a long time.  When I thought of all the ultra-girly and still sexy outfits that a guy could be forced into - French Maid, cheerleader, private school girl, it seemed like figure skater was neglected. When I thought of all the awkward things that a straight guy could do with another guy, figure skating was probably high on the list.  The cliche of a hockey player becoming a figure skater is an old one, but the idea of a tough aggressive hockey player being feminized into a graceful and feminine pairs skater seemed to be something new.

I think this was a pretty good series that was released at a time I was writing shorter books. The characters are very well defined and have their own motivations.  Their actions are logical, but they're not always obvious.  I think in some ways it's a logical predecessor to Hoops--another story about a star athlete in a bubble who gets taken down a peg by a female athlete and her friends.  Now that my Black Hawks are out of the NHL playoffs, maybe some of them should try figure skating.

No comments:

Post a Comment