Sunday, February 15, 2015

Fifty Shades of Meh

I really don't want to come down to hard on Fifty Shades of Grey.  Selfishly, it's because it's erotica and I hope it helps make my erotic writing sales boom.  However, it's just not very good.  I was never in what I'd call a real S&M relationship.  There were surely dominance and submission and some S&M elements in my college experience, but I am hardly an expert.  Still, I feel that Fifty Shades of Grey is to kink, what Twilight is to complex adult relationships.  It's not a surprise that it was originally written as Twilight fan fiction.

One thing I found really interesting was what a Google search for images of "Female Domination revealed."  I saw images of guys with their head bashed in laying there dead, guys being nagged, and guys looking completely miserable.  What, I couldn't find were sensual pictures of dominant women with submissive men.  The best I found was from this 2010 blog post, which was almost too small for my purposes. 

I will never knock another kink as long as it doesn't hurt anybody else.  Just because I don't get it doesn't make it wrong or bizarre.  Not a lot of people get my particular kinks and I don't feel like I'm in any position to judge or to be judged.  Still, for me personally, we see wealthy white alpha men dominating women in our society all the time.  It seems an odd fetish to me because it's so prevalent.  I think that's a large part of the reason that I so prefer dominant women,

No comments:

Post a Comment