Thursday, October 29, 2015

To Hormone or not to Hormone?

A discussion started in one of the threads on here about hormones in my stories.  I've never really used them, but I'm also not really opposed either.  For me, the fun of the story is in the transformation of the male to female and I like it to be slow and forced.  A magic spell or a weird scientific serum that instantly changes sex will never appear in my stories.  I just have no interest in telling that type of tale. 

Hormones if done properly however, could work.  I liked how they were used in Grounded in Heels, where Sam takes the hormones even though he knows what they'll do to him because of the power that his sister has over him.  I guess one of the problems is that it does up the stakes.  If the guy being feminized deserves it, then it's not so bad, but if he's the victim of circumstance, I wonder if it's too much.

What do you think?  Are hormones a step too far or the next logical progression?  I do have a story or two coming soon that I could work them in.  I'd love some input.

Kylie

3 comments:

  1. I think it all depends on the ultimate goal of the transformation. If it's just about humiliation and exhibitionism, I don't think hormones add anything to the story. If it's about enacting a permanent transformation, then I think they are the next logical step.

    On the one hand, they can be used as an added level of cruelty or dominance, with the victim being shocked at the changes in their body. On the other hand, they can signify an acceptance of the new role, with the victim craving a body that better matches their role.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always seen hormones as a plausible aspect of forced feminization. I am someone who likes slow, realistic transformation, and I think hormones provide the latitude for forced feminization to explore more than cosmetic changes. Having yet another aspect of the protagonist turn against him and force himself to question his masculinity I think heightens the forced aspect.

    I do agree with Sally in that consideration for the ultimate goal or lesson the protagonist is to learn is part of the use of hormones. Though, I would challenge that the use of hormones doesn't have to result in the protagonist wanting or wishing to be a woman. If the end result is to have the protagonist be feminine on a more permanent basis, I think hormones would add a strong re-enforcing element

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both of you for some really terrific comments!

    ReplyDelete