Friday, July 13, 2018

Kylie vs. Claudia



This is far and away the hardest story I've ever written because I personally have a lot of stake in it and I don't have Claudia helping and I've been snake bit.  Two days ago, I lost 800 words when my computer decided to restart.

This particular book, which is due out on August 16th is a competition between Claudia and me.  What we are doing is to each write a 5,000 word story with the following stipulations:

1. The two characters will be named Kylie and Claudia
2. Each story will be 5000 wordds
3. Each story starts at the bar with Kylie and Claudia meeting at a bar where Claudia is bartending, but eventually she stalks him and tracks him down.

As you can see, there is a lot of room with that premise for us to be original and creative and a lot of different stories can be told with that set up.

Readers will have a chance to vote for whose story they like best (and receive a free book).  Then in October, when the two of us next see each other, Claudia or I will have to pay a forfeit. The stakes haven't been decided yet, but I do know Claudia doesn't like to lose and I know she is perfectly capable of really humiliating me on this one.


4 comments:

  1. Boxing? Of all the graphics you could you, you go there?

    I don't even know where to begin. Why is the guy in the picture so much bigger than the woman? I've got 3 inches on you. Also, where did you get all those muscles? I can outfight you and outwrite you so I don't know what the writer vs. fighter stuff is?

    Your original idea for stakes was a meal at a good restaurant. I am happy to go for those stakes. However, I'm going to insist on picking your outfit for that dinner. There is no way you don't leave this contest completely humiliated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, Kylie, I love you to pieces . . . but I might have to give Claudia the edge on this. No matter how good the stories are (and I have no doubt they'll both be great), I don't know how any of us can possibly resist hearing about your forfeit. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did occur to me that might be an issue and I'm also dealing with a person who really hates to lose.

      Delete
  3. I'll let my writing speak for itself.

    ReplyDelete