Sunday, October 19, 2014

How to Buy an Audiobook



On Goodreads today, author Alyssa Paige asked me how I was doing on sales for my Calendar Girl audio book.  I told her honestly that they were a bit disappointing.  I've sold 11 of them since they book debuted.  As other authors commented, several problems with audible came up.

1. They don't allow sub-genres. All erotica is in the erotica category, but there are no keywords to make it more specific. Therefore, people are unlikely to notice a feminization book if that's what they're looking for.

2. People don't realize that you can just buy the audio book without signing up for Audible's monthly subscription program.  You can find it on Amazon or Audible.

3. People don't know that if they buy the eBook for $2.99, you can buy the audio book for $1.99.  In other words, you get both version for $2 less than buying just the audio book. 

I promise you, this is a great product and if you like my books, I hope you'll give it a try.  Marami Hung really did an amazing job with the audio.  


No comments:

Post a Comment