Tuesday, June 16, 2015

If You Borrow My Books, Do It Now

Image result for Borrow 

We just received word from Amazon that they are changing the way that they are going to pay royalties on borrowed books.  Currently, all books pay $1.35 when borrowed regardless of size.  Amazon is now going to change it to a formula based on pages, which I believe will reduce my royalty to around twenty-five cents per book borrowed.  This would cost me about $250 a month at a time I can't afford it.

I'm not complaining about this policy.  There are reasons why it makes sense and reasons why it doesn't.  However, as erotica is generally not novel-length, I think that it will hit me hard.  Therefore, I expect as early as the last week of June that I will begin to move my books off of Amazon's free program.  They're still going to be available to purchase at Amazon at their current price.

By doing this, I can sell my books at Smashwords, Barnes & Noble, Apple, and even Niteflirt.   Hopefully, increased sales will ease the pain of losing the borrows.  However, if you're currently reading my books through the borrow program, I wanted to give you a heads up so you can get anything you want read before you have to pay cover price.

No comments:

Post a Comment